"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." - La Rochefoucauld

.

Friday, June 4, 2010

Cinnamon Strawberry Bread

Josh and I had some leftover strawberries that were on the verge of going bad, so I called my mother up to get this recipe. It's a little like banana bread, moist and sweet!

Cinnamon Strawberry Bread

Servings: 8 - 12
Total Cost: $5 - 6
Reheat Factor: N/A
Freezer Factor: N/A
More about the Ratings.


Ingredients
(1 Not in Pantry)


16 oz. strawberries (frozen or fresh)
2 cups sugar
1.5 cups canola oil
4 eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
3 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt

1. Grease and flour the pan.
2. Combine sugar and oil.
3. Beat eggs, and add to sugar and oil.
4. Slightly mash the strawberries with a fork, and add that to the mix.
5. Add the rest of the ingredients. Mix well.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

Source: My Mom

2 comments:

  1. I have a photo of it, too. Eventually, I'll have to actually post it...

    ReplyDelete